Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Humorous Things On My Snowy Commute

What do you do when a snowstorm causes your 11.5 mile commute to turn from 20 minutes to 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES???

You laugh and laugh and laugh!!!  I mean, what else do you do?  Get mad because the car in front of you isn't moving?  That would mean the car in front of them needs to move, and the one in front of them...  You get it!  Um...if that was the case, we wouldn't be sitting still!  So, I found things that made me laugh - OUT LOUD (and I'm sure make the people next to me wonder what was so funny)!!!!

So in no particular order, here is my list of "Humorous Things On My Snowy Commute"

1.  Passing a speed limit sign stating 55mph while driving 5 mph.  Um...did the snow temporary block your view of the OTHER 5 on that sign??

2.  California license plates - Really, you should change your plate.  That way we cannot make fun of you when you don't know how to drive in this weather!  Perhaps the BMV in Colorado needs to require drivers from California and Texas to take a class on how to drive in "this white stuff" (We call it snow here!).

3.  A DJ saying "It's a 2.5 hour commute from Castle Rock to downtown."  The other DJ commenting on those poor drivers and that area of the road.  Then, the first DJ saying "Oh just wait...it's 1.5 hours from the Denver Tech Center to downtown."  The other DJ literally gasped.  

4.  The snow is covering the road - so why not make the shoulder become another lane!!

5.  When our roads can hardly handle the extra traffic these past few days with the National Western Stock Show...well you can just imagine how it is in the snow!  And who thinks our roads can handle hosting a Winter Olympics in the area?  Really people?  Thanks for the good laugh! You should think on this!

6.  The DJ saying "You should take I-25 South to I-70 which is still really bad and slow but you will want to avoid I-270 as it is a parking lot.  Um...why didn't you say this before I was trapped on the entrance ramp to 270?  Timing is everything!

7.  The DJ's on the radio saying "It's still really slow out there on the roads." I start laughing,  then they start laughing, and say "Like we have to say that to those of you sitting in your car right now."  Yeah, thanks! :)

8.  Stop...wait...go...Stop...wait...go...Stop...wait...go.  Enough to make anyone go crazy and laugh their head off!

9.  Wondering why the road was suddenly bumpy, and looking down to see the "tiny mountains of ice" I was driving on.  Nice!

10.  No matter what - there are still those people who will drive up to the exact "lanes merged" area and cut into the lane...as if they didn't see the signs posted "left lane ends."

11.  The police car drives in the shoulder to provide a way for the chemical semi who needs to spray the icy bridges/areas ahead...but is stuck in the gridlock.  Behind the semi - a car!  Why not, I mean the police car is ahead of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment